Since I lost my son18 months ago, I've come to realize that things in my life, seem to have just changed. Shit has changed.
In addition to my own perspective, I've asked other grieving mothers for their input and combined their answers into 7 things that seem to have changed for us loss Mamas.
1. Small things in life no longer bother us.
Holding onto a grudge is no longer something I have the capacity for. Neither is feeling bitter towards the lady who was rude to me at the checkout. Now, I'll actually offer a little compassion. I'll think to myself, "oh that poor lady probably has something bigger going on and unintentionally took it out on me, its not personal". Then I MOVE ON, never to think about it again and offer zero brain calories to it. I quickly learned after I lost Chayce, that holding on to negative energy only makes life even harder than it needs to be. I no longer hold space for unnecessary things in my life, which includes feelings, people, belongings, clothing, and vibes. Overall; I feel much more at peace (in general) because of this.
"Nowadays I walk over things I used to trip over" - Unknown
2. We have gained a whole new understanding of & attachment to, the word 'rainbow'.
3. There will never be a time for us, when we look at pregnancy in the same way again.
4. Being happy will probably always cause some guilt
5. We have entered an entirely new world after loosing our babies, that not everyone will understand.
6. There will come a time when our inner light will return, but it will take some time.
7. Although loss and love are forever intertwined, we desperately want to believe that hope will prevail.
I’d love to hear if you have anything to add! Feel free to comment below if you can relate.
Sending love x
Showing fellow grieving mamas how to build and monetize their online presence in memory of their angel. Book a 30 minute no obligation FREE Discovery Call with me to learn more